Do you want to get paid to travel the world, as well as kick-start a fantastic new career with excellent promotional opportunities?
If so, then the V.Ships Cadet Training Programme could be for you.
We fully understand the importance of well trained sea staff, which is why we’re committed to recruiting and training cadets as part of our comprehensive career development programme.
Our current portfolio includes over 1100 cadets from all over the world, undergoing training at all stages of cadetship.
We focus on developing the skills, knowledge and competence of our recruits to be future officers, with training completed during both seagoing service and within maritime colleges and academies.
All officers onboard play an active role in the cadet development programme, while our shorebased cadet training team actively manage the process.
Our cadets are trained to have absolute regard to safety, security and the maritime environment, receiving mentoring and career guidance throughout their employment with us.
V.Ships will accept all UK applications for the Officer Trainee Programmes along with EU Nationals who have been ordinarily lived in the UK for more than one year.
Foundation Science Degree Routes entry criteria:
• A minimum of 160 UCAS points Plus
• GCSE Maths – minimum of grade B
• GCSE Science – minimum grade B (preferably with a Physics content)
• GCSE English – minimum grade C (Other qualifications may be considered)
HNC/HND entry criteria:
For entry into the HNC/D course you will require a minimum of 4 GCSE or Standard Grade/National 5 passes at Grade C/3 or above including English, Mathematics and a Science based subject.
NOTE - If you are a Scottish applicant and are sitting the new National qualifications you will be required to hold 4 National 5s to be eligible for the HNC/D course. Entry requirements for the PD course will not be affected by this.
Applicants for the Foundation Degree and Scottish Professional Diploma routes require 48 UCAS points from 2 or more A Levels or Highers; these must include either Physics or Mathematics.
Applicants will also require 4 GCSEs or Standard Grades at grade C/3 or above including English, Mathematics and a Science based subject. Applicants for Electro-Technical Officer training must hold the qualifications required for the Foundation Degree.
Application Process - September 2017/ January 2018 UK Cadet In-take
The application process will include:
- Online screening form including a Cadet Applicaiton Form and CV upload
- Stage 1 - Skype Interview with Cadet Recruitment Manager
- Stage 2 - Attend formal face to face interview at UK Nautical College
- Stage 3 - Induction day at a V.Ships Office in the UK
- Cadet Training Programme Commences shortly after induction
The Online Application Process is open, please apply as follows:
1. Download the Cadet Application Form and complete fully, then save and upload to online system (step 2).
2. Complete online short application form attaching CV and Cadet Application Form.